1. in the past ten days i have learned all i ever wanted to know about trailer hitches, trailers, and the like. we now own one, purchased for the purpose of hauling a lawn tractor back and forth to our farmette-to-be that now has grass growing knee-high. post about said lawn tractor complete with a photo forthcoming.
2. if the weather holds, we should break ground on our farmette by the end of this month. for this reason i have started packing up the scary upstairs: the place that started out as a cool sitting room we never used so it now houses anything we don’t know what to do with but do not want to pitch. anything from mason jars to a tapestry wall hanging. in order not to overwhelm myself, i pack two boxes a day. well, i am supposed to. i started this project a month ago and i have a total of…..thrrreee…boxes packed. post about said boxes complete with a photo forthcoming.
3. i am now the proud owner of a kindle named emily. i have gone from watching drivel on netflix to reading, a much more wholesome past time. i even gave christian amish romance fiction a try…..and promptly gave it up. it reads about as well as it sounds. i have discovered the blogs/websites/fb pages that offer free kindle books by the virtual boatload. i anxiously await their posts on a daily basis and have been known to download something stupid, something i know i will never read, simply for the thrill of getting something for free and watching its title magically appear on emily’s home page. post about said kindle named emily complete with a photo forthcoming.
4. last weekend my husband and i taught ourselves to play canasta. i won every hand. i won playing with my deck of pink playing cards. it was a blast. i…don’t really plan to publish a post about canasta with photos. sorry.
5. yesterday i went shopping for a spare tire for our new trailer. i ended up at a ranch supply store and discovered a series of 3′ high metal troughs containing…………baby chicks!!! and baby turkeys, and baby geese, and baby ducks, and baby something elses i don’t at the moment recall. i guess i should flaunt my limited knowledge of poultry and say that these were pullets being offered for sale (did i get that right?) but i’m still confused as to what it means when the sign says that they are “sexed”. still need to read the how-to book but we need to read it pretty durn quick because i want me some chickens. post about said chickens complete with numerous photos when we get them.
6. speaking of living things: our pond has turtles. i discovered one in the grass last week when i was mowing, and in order to avoid a terrible accident, i picked him up and moved him to the edge of the pond to see what he would do. he happily dove right on in. we need a log, or a rock of some sort so the turtles can sun themselves and all be named appropriately. would publish a post about said turtle complete with photo if only i could find him again…
random illustration for random post: